Shepherds pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. You can cook Shepherds pie using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- It’s 2 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 of lrg egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 3/4 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of carrot; peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion; chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 of tablespoon.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of emril southwestern spice..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious. This is a dish I grew up on and loved it everytime my mom made it.
Shepherds pie step by step
- preheat broiler.
- boil potatoes in salted water. remove, combine sour cream, chicken broth and yolk. add to.potatoes and mash togeter untill smooth..
- In skillet over medium high heat, brown meat. Season with salt, pepper & emril southwester spice. Add carrot and onion, cook 5 minutes..
- In a small pan cook butter and flour 2 minutes. Add beef broth and worcestshire sauce..
- Add gravy to meat and stir in peas..
- Put meat in casserole dish. Top with potatoes. sprinkle paprika and broil until potatoes are browned..
- garnish with parsley(optional).
It's a British classic and all Shepherd's Pie Recipe. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! My easy shepherd's pie recipe A traditional Shepherd's Pie in the UK, is made with minced lamb, a pie made with ground beef is.