Tuscan Chicken Shepherds Pie with Cauliflower Mash. Mashed potatoes, which normally adorn Shepherd's Pie, are high in carbs so we replaced the potatoes with cauliflower for a low-carb swap Stir in cream cheese and milk and season with salt and pepper and mash until completely combined and creamy. Making Mashed Cauliflower: Place cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. The term shepherd's pie is usually reserved for when ground lamb is used for the meat sauce, and cottage pie for beef.
The creamy mashed cauliflower and cheese combo is irresistible. and you know it! To make the cauliflower mash, place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Using a bowl and an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese. You can cook Tuscan Chicken Shepherds Pie with Cauliflower Mash using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Chicken Shepherds Pie with Cauliflower Mash
- You need 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can cannellini or white beans.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots chopped.
- You need 2 heads of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomatoe paste.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken/vegetable stock.
- It’s of Vegetarian option: substitute chicken for zucchini, mushrooms & spinach.
Add milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. The chicken gravy creates an excellent thick, rich base, and the finishing layer of Italian-seasoned shredded cheese adds a new dimension of flavor while pairing perfectly with the creamy layer of mashed potatoes. Through and through this is a perfect fall dish easy enough to prepare on a.
Tuscan Chicken Shepherds Pie with Cauliflower Mash step by step
- Sauté onions and celery in olive oil until softened.
- Add cooked chicken, tomatoes and beans. Gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Boil cauliflower until soft. Mash until smooth. Use a potato ricer if available. Salt to taste. Stir in parmesan cheese..
- Evenly layer a 9×9 dish with chicken and vegetable mixture. Fill to about halfway..
- Combine egg white into cauliflower mixture..
- Evenly layer cauliflower mash, gently patting down to cover bottom layer.
- Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, fresh basil and or sage. Crushed red pepper (optional.).
- Bake in a 400° oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly..
- Tip with remaining parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh basil..
Shepherds Pie with Cauliflower Mashed PotatoesTwin Dragonfly. coconut oil, herb and garlic cream cheese, butter, cauliflower Veggie Mince Shepherds Pie With Cauliflower Mash ToppingBelleau Kitchen. Return the potatoes and cauliflower to the saucepan. Add the scallions and mash with a potato masher. Cook the cauliflower and parsnips until very tender, then drain. Place the vegetables into a food processor and add the butter, cream, salt, and Mix in the cheddar cheese and parsley.