Shepherd's pie. Try An Amazing Velveeta Skillet Recipe & Find Out Just How Good It Is! Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
This is a recipe for Cottage Pie. This is a recipe for Cottage Pie. Thank you, Dale Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. You can have Shepherd's pie using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- You need 1 of ground beef or lamb.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen or fresh carrot cubed.
- It’s 3 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of oil to cook meat.
- You need 1/4 cup of cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. Learn how to prepare rich and flavorful shepherd's pie with Food Network's amazing recipes.
Shepherd's pie instructions
- If a pan, add the oil, onion and chopped garlic.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes then add the beef or lamb.
- Keep stirring.. you can little bit of cinnamon powder to remove the smell of lamb or beef **optional**.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the flour and keep stirring till the flour is golden.
- Add all the spices and the ketchup.. keep stirring.
- Add the water then the veggies.
- Cover over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan that will go to the oven.
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water then peel them and mash them.
- In a cooking pan add bit of oil and the mashed potatoes.. keep stirring then add the milk and cheese.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat.. make some groves using a fork to the top of the potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min 350°F.
Keep it traditional or kick it up a notch with fun, creative twists. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. So, this is how you spell it: Shepherd's Pie. But, from doing a quick google search, it came to my attention that TONS of people think it's Shepards Pie.