Shepherds pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. You can have Shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- You need 2 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 200 gms of mince meat.
- It’s 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions diced.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of chicken /beef stock.
- It’s 2 of beef cubes.
It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This is a dish I grew up on and loved it everytime my mom made it. It's a British classic and all Shepherd's Pie Recipe. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
Shepherds pie instructions
- Take the mince and put in a large pan and heat till dry and browned ad salt and pepper (6-7mins).
- Add tomatoes and let cook add onions and garlic. Add tomato paste and seasoning.
- Add the stock and simmer for a few minutes add carrots and put of heat..
- In a casserole add the mixture and top with the mashed potatoes.
- In a preheated oven bake till crust is golden brown..
Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners. I was talking to one of my sisters recently about mom's famous shepherd's pie and realized I'd never really made it for my. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. Make this easy shepherd's pie of a wintry evening – comfort food at its best. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a This is my absolute favorite shepherd's pie recipe.