Mini Cottage Pies With Potato Nests.
You can cook Mini Cottage Pies With Potato Nests using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini Cottage Pies With Potato Nests
- Prepare 5 of jacket potatoes.
- You need 500 g of lean beef mince.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of gram (chickpea) flour.
- Prepare 1 of finely diced carrot.
- Prepare 1 of finely diced celery stick.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tin of tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 250 mls of hot water.
- You need 30 g of grated cheddar cheese.
Mini Cottage Pies With Potato Nests step by step
- Peel and quarter the jacket potatoes and boil until tender. Drain and allow to cool..
- In a large saucepan, fry the onions, celery, carrot and garlic gently in the olive oil for 10 minutes..
- Tip the vegetables out into a bowl, set this to one side and then brown the mince in the saucepan for about 5 minutes. Pour off any water that comes out of the mince..
- Add the vegetables back into the saucepan with the mince. Sprinkle the veg and mince with the gram flour and stir well..
- Add the tomato puree, mixed herbs, hot water, salt, tomatoes and bay leaves into the saucepan and leave to simmer, with the lid off, for 40 minutes..
- Coarsely grate all of the boiled potatoes..
- Lightly oil 12 cupcake tins with olive oil. Spoon the grated potatoes into the wells. Use the spoon to make little nests, ensuring the bases aren’t too thin..
- Bake the nests in the oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until starting to turn golden brown..
- Spoon the cottage pie filling into each nest and top with grated cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for a further 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown..
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables..