Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie. Mashed potatoes, which normally adorn Shepherd's Pie, are high in carbs so we replaced the potatoes with cauliflower for a low-carb swap everyone will love. Still creamy and buttery, you'll barely miss the potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food, and this low-carb version, made with ground turkey and topped with cauliflower mash, is just as comforting and delicious as the original.
This keto shepherd's pie is made with mashed cauliflower instead of the mashed potatoes. "Cauli mash" is a great low carb alternative to mashed. Keto friendly shepherd's pie is one of my favorite casserole recipes — a meaty casserole topped with a low carb cauliflower mash that tastes like mashed Making Mashed Cauliflower: Place cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie is very filling, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo-friendly and the most important very DELICIOUS! You can cook Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie
- Prepare 1 lb of grass fed beef.
- You need 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 2 cup of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 cup of mushroom.
- It’s 3 of celery.
- It’s 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
Give a healthy spin in your traditional shepherd's pie recipe by making it with mashed cauliflower. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie is very filling, low-carb. Home » Recipes » Dinner » Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower. Hearty and satisfying plant-based comfort food.
Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie instructions
- Prepare mashed cauliflower.
- Brown meat.
- Sauteed veggies.
- Add meat and veggies together add broth and paste simmer.
- Layer meat mixture in pan and mashed cauliflower on top sprinkle cheese and bake at 350 until bubbling and cheese has a nice crisp to it..
This vegan lentil shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower is so deliciously savory and perfect to enjoy on a cold winter's night. With the exception of steaming the cauliflower, this Shepherd's Pie is a one pot meal: easy peasy! The second course I made at the Salt Lake Home Show on Friday night was my Healthy Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie and this Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie. Our Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie features a savory beef and veggie filling that is topped with a cheesy cauliflower mash. This family friendly recipe is a lower carb version that will win over even your picky eaters!