Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 1/4 oz of envelope onion soup mix.
- You need 10 1/2 oz of can beef gravy.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 7 oz of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- Prepare 16 oz of can sliced carrots, drained.
- Prepare 10 oz of package frozen peas, thawed.
- It’s 6 cup of warm seasoned mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion , and. mushrooms until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are wilted. Drain any. excess liquid, if necessary..
- Add the soup mix, gravy, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well..
- Add the corn, carrots, and peas..
- Place in a 2 1/2. quart casserole or. 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the top..
Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy Learn How to make Shepherd's Pie and enjoy this easy and comforting recipe year-round. Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners. Nearly every Sunday we'd go to our grandparents house for some kind of pot roast or ground beef dish, mashed potatoes. You likely know Shepherd's pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes.