Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie).
You can cook Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie)
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef..
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 of onion (med) chopped.
- Prepare 1 of glove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 medium of potatoes peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of green onions chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream cheese (can add another tbsp).
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk (can add another tbsp).
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie) step by step
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Approximately 15 min..
- Meanwhile sautee chopped onion, carrots and garlic with the olive oil in a frying pan for 5 min. You can add other veg such as mushrooms and celery..
- Add your ground beef and saute for 10 min until no longer pink. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and the worchester sauce and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2-3 min..
- Add the butter and mash the potatoes. Add milk, chopped green onion and cream cheese. Use a spoon to mix together. Season with salt & pepper to taste..
- Add meat to a baking dish and cover with mashed potatoes. You can add if you like grated cheese on top of the potatoes..
- Cook @ 400°F in preheated oven for 30 min or until crisp on top..