Clean living cottage pie. Cottage Pie is such a nostalgic food for me because it reminds me of my childhood and the times I spent in my all-time favorite city, London. I had been to London numerous times growing up and even lived there for a short bit, and so I was super excited to be able to take Blake back this past summer. Adding an egg yolk to the mash not only gives richness but also a lovely crispy crust.
The mouth watering aroma of a cottage pie, straight from the oven is a great welcome home – a comfort of real food! The simple filling makes use of cheaper cuts of beef and is bulked out with kitchen staples like carrots, celery and onions. We've used our popular cauliflower mash instead of starchy. You can cook Clean living cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Clean living cottage pie
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of chopped onion.
- It’s 8 of rashers of bacon with fat cut off.
- You need 2 cup of diced carrot.
- Prepare 500 grams of extra lean minced beef.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of kallo beef stock.
- You need 2 head of of cauliflower trimmed, cooked till very soft.
- Prepare 3 of carrots diced, cooked till very soft.
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes diced, cooked till very soft.
If you love cottage pie and you're looking for a guilt-free version, Slimming World's cottage pie is the answer. Top tip for making Slimming World's cottage pie. The minced beef mixture makes a great filling for a jacket potato too. Ground beef and vegetables in a rich gravy topped with loaded mashed potatoes and cheese.
Clean living cottage pie instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the onion for 15 mins until soft.
- Add bacon and carrots to the pan and fry until bacon is cooked and carrots are soft about 10 mins.
- Add minced beef to the pan and saute till brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and cook down until 60% has evaporated.
- Place cooked cauliflower, carrot and sweet potato in a food processor and puree with the remaining olive oil until smooth.
- Pour minced beef mixture into oven dish.
- Pour mash over the top.
- Bake at 200c for 30mins.
Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. Drain potatoes; mash with milk and butter. This lentil cottage pie recipe is a great place to start. It's suitable for all ages and all palates! Scrub the sweet potato clean, then coarsely grate it into a bowl, toss with a little oil and a good few gratings of Parmesan.