Best Shepherd's pie.
You can cook Best Shepherd's pie using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Shepherd's pie
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 can of hot rotels.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- You need 1 packages of grated cheese.
- It’s 1/4 packages of velveta cheese.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of potatoe.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need tsp of garlic salt.
Best Shepherd's pie instructions
- In large pot bring diced potatoes to boil.
- In larger pan add meat diced onion and bell peppers season meat to preference(I use tonys. Creole garlic salt onion powder and salt and pepper) the flavor of your meat really impacts the overall taste cook until brown and vegetables are tender.
- After vegetables are tender add one can of corn (drain juice from can).
- Drain potatoes add butter and mash.
- In larger baking dish add the mix of meat and vegetables on bottom.
- Layer the meat and vegetables with thin slices of Velveeta across the top.
- Layers mashed potatoes over the meat and cheese.
- Cover the top of potatoes with grated cheese.
- Put in oven on 325 cooking for about 10 min or until cheese it thoroughly melted turn oven off leave dish in oven for another five min let cool and enjoy.